“Politics offers yesterday’s answers to today’s problems.“Marshall McLuhan
Start Networking with Others
Representative democracy is failing us
for tools to promote democracy
Imagine deciding without arguing
Would you like to practice a better way?
Facilitation means “to make easier, to help forward.” Discussions on Loomio always work best when there is a clearly identified facilitator, someone whose role is to help the discussion move forward to a clear outcome. You don’t have to be a pro to help your group have productive discussions. In fact, anyone in a group can make little acts of facilitation. There are many ways to improve your online conversation or deliberations.
Facilitation tools and decision tools are used within threads.
- clarify how the group feels or thinks about a topic, question or proposal
- communicate what decision is being made
- simplify and make it easy to participate
- highlight agreement and surface disagreement
- build shared understanding
- and keep people informed of progress.